Friday, November 29, 2013

Three Months, Seoul, and a Skype Date!

Hi guys!

WOW! I can't believe I've been here for over three months! I'm a third way through with this incredible, life-changing experience; inconceivable! I know that it's only been three short months, but I can already tell that I am a different person as a result of my exchange.

Since I have been here for three months, I finally got to Skype my parents! It was amazing to see and hear them again. They're still just as loving, kind, hilarious, and caring as they were before I left; heck, they might even have increased in all of these traits! I'm glad that I followed Rotary's 3 month rule, because it made seeing my parents on Skype a lot easier. It certainly didn't make me more homesick, which I know it would have if we had Skyped earlier.

A few days ago, all of the inbounds went to Seoul! It was AMAZING! We went to Ever Land, which was an incredible amusement park, and to the DMZ (the De-Militarized Zone)! It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. We went about 500m underground (sorry guys, I started using the metric system) and walked through the third tunnel that the North Koreans had built in attempt to invade South Korea. It was amazing to physically be in a part of history. Also, everyone kept hitting their heads on the ceiling of the tunnel, except me, because I'm so short. Not really important, but I thought it was really funny.

While we were up at the DMZ, it started snowing. A lot. My friend from Louisiana had never seen snow before, so I thought it was really awesome. Plus, we got into a snowball fight with some people from China. I love the snow, so much, and getting to play in it while at an important historical sight was very, very memorable.

On a side note, I will be changing host families some time this month, but I'm not sure when. So, if you're sending me mail, be aware that I might have changed families before I receive your mail.

All in all, this exchange has already been life-changing and amazing. Thank you to everyone who helped me get here! Thank you especially to the Rotary Club of Monmouth/Independence and District 5100 for giving me this chance.

Until next time!

Madison

No comments:

Post a Comment