Monday, August 19, 2013

My High School And Other Things

Hi!

I visited my high school today! It takes about an hour by subway to get there. If you don't know, I'm going to Busan Jungang Girl's High School. I met the principal, vice principal, and my classmates. When I introduced myself, everyone clapped and giggled. When I said I was from America, they all went "Oooooh." It was very different. I start school on September 2nd, while everyone else started today. I won't start until next month, because I don't have a uniform or backpack.

I was very sad to find out that there is only one music class at my high school and it's for first grade (I'm in second). As most of you all know, music is the biggest influence in my life. Hopefully, I will find a band to play trumpet in. If not, I was told that I could be found a place to practice trumpet. It was honestly very upsetting news, because band would have made making friends easier.

I have to do a 30 minute presentation about myself, Independence, Oregon, and the USA for each of the 12 classes at my high school. I am very excited because I get to do the presentation in English!

It is very hot in S. Korea. It is about 34 degrees Celsius (93 degrees Fahrenheit). I am NOT used to the heat and sweating so much; it's very gross. But it is beautiful and I love it here.

I love and miss you all!

Madison

1 comment:

  1. Keep the updates coming! I'd be interested in the text of your presentation about home, along with a description of your classmates' reactions/questions.
    -Mr. Gorman

    ReplyDelete