Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sorry I've Been MIA!

Hey everyone!

Wow, has it really been two weeks since my last post? I'm so sorry! Time really does fly when you're having fun. Let's see if I can remember everything that's happened in the past couple weeks.

Chosuk, which is the Korean Thanksgiving, was wonderful. My host family took me up to my Dad's Mom's house, which was really nice. My host Grandmother and host Aunt are very, very kind. They kept trying to give me food, even if I said I was full. Seeing them really made me feel like family.

The next day we spent 7 hours driving home; it usually only takes 3. Traffic was definitely horrible. The day after that, my host Mom took me to a public bath house. It was very different. I was really hesitant to go at first, but I'm really glad I did. I really think that it's something everyone should experience at least once. The next day, my host Dad took me and my friend, Nick, up to a temple.

I really love going to temples. I may not be a religious person, but I feel very in-tune with all that is going on around me when I'm at a temple. It really gives me a nice perspective of "there's always a different way of life than your own."

Last week all of the Inbounds started Taekwondo classes. And oh my, that is some really difficult stuff. I'm really glad I only have it 2 days a week, otherwise I think I'd be dead. School is really nice, as are all of the people there. Language school is tough for me, but I'm learning and getting better.

Well, that's all for right now. I'll be sure to post more frequently from now on! Love you all!

Madison





No comments:

Post a Comment